Books

Chrissy's books

Smile
Tell the Wolves I'm Home
City of Bones
The False Prince
The Hunger Games
Twilight
This Lullaby
Ella Enchanted
The Princess Diaries
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Clubbing
Dead Is the New Black
Divergent
Shiver
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Holes
Frindle
13 Little Blue Envelopes
Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1
Vampire Knight, Vol. 12


Chrissy Gunter's favorite books »

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Characters in Cut

In the book im reading called Cut by Patricia McCormick the main character in my book named Callie ended up changing the most in the book. At first Callie or S.T. as the girls at group would call her was shy, never really speeked much, not in group, not when they went to bed but if anyone in sick minds where cought up past bed time they would be giving a sleeping pill. She didnt even talk to her counseler. Ever since she went into Sick Minds(kinda like a mental hostpital for people who selfharm, are anorexic, or eat throw there emotions and so on but want to get better). "you furrow your brow and ask me to please look at you a minute. I look past you, out the window, at a squirrel sitting on the end of a  branch. 'Callie,' you say softly. 'I want you to think about wheather you want to continue coming to see me.' the squirrel nibbles on his acorn, looks around suspiciously, then goes back to his lunch. 'This-the two of us sitting here every day with me watching you count the strips on the wallpapr-isn't helping you.' The squirrel freezes; the branch quivers as  another squirrel scrables towrd him. 'And callie . . . I believe you want help.' The squirrls are gone, but the branch is still quivering. I steal a glimpse at you; you're pretty, I relize, and youngish. You wrap your hands around your knees, like we're two girlfriends, just hanging out, talking. I go back to counting the stripes on the wallpapaer. After a while, i hear your dead-cow chair groan. You sigh. 'OK,' you say 'Thats all for today.' The clock says we still have fifty minutes left. But you've already capped your pen and closed your notebook."(McCormick 43) Most the time callie is at Sick Minds she dosnt speek untill u get to the end though or well close to it because she ends up talking for once because normaly if one of the girls from grupe talked to her shed eather nod, listen, or just keep doing what shes doing but actually saying something is a big thing for callie "'Callie?' I turn around and see her running down the hall behind me. She scuffs along in her slippers, then slides to a stop when she getws to me, like one of sam's hockey players. 'Hey!' She's panting, the thought crosses my mind that Tara could have a heart attack if she dosn't get better. I stop and wait for her to catch her breath. 'Whew!' She smiles. 'We were wondering if you wanted to watch TV.' She tips her head toward the dayroom. 'You know, with the group. Unless you don't want to. It's OK if you want to be alone.' She's still breathing hard. 'Sure,' I say, looking at her hopeful, embarrassed face.''(McCormick 116) "They're watching Jeopardy; it's time for the daily douple. A contestant named Tim has chiosen Silent Film Stars for $500. The host asks the big question: 'This actress, dubbed America's Sweetheart, starred in original film version of Heidi.' 'C'mon,Tim.' Sydney chants. 'Shirley Temple?' suggests Debbie. 'No,' says Tiffany. 'It's a silent film star.' I know this one. I know the anwser. I know it from watching TV with sam on Saterday afternoons when our mom is resting. 'Mary Pickford,' I whisper. Then louder, 'Mary Pickford.' Tim hits his buzzer. 'Who is Mary Pickford?' The daily double alarm goes off. Tim jumps up and down. Sydney thumps me on the back. 'Way to go, S.T.! You win the daily double." (McCormick 117) Callie ended up changing because she actually spent time with the girls from group actually talked to them and watched tv with them. They had a good time it seemed to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment