The theme of the book
Cut by Patrica McCormick would be its ok to ask for help to get over something and in Callies problem that would be her cutting. She had just started and in her mind she will never stop as she thinks she thinks she cant stop and that no one can help her but slowly throughtout the book she learns that if you try to get help if you speek up instead of staying quiet and not say anything it actually helps. By finaly talking to Counselor She ends up starting to uncap the bottle of emotions she has. She had at one point just bottled up her emotions untill well she exploaded. "'It's not your fault,' I say. 'About Becca.' I keep my eyes on Amanda's boots; her legs are crossed and she's swinging her foot up and down. 'It's mine.' Amanda stops swinging her foot. 'I...' My voice goes out. I clear my throat.(McCormick 101) "Group is over then and people are standing, gathering up their books, heading to their appointments. I keep my head down, grip the edge of my chair, and hold on like my life depends on it. I don't know what just happened in here, but I can't leave. 'S.T.?' It's Sydney's voice. 'You coming?' She's standing in frunt of me. Debbie's there, too. And Tara. And Claire. A semicircle of feet. A weird stringling sound starts in my chest, then comes out my mouth. I', crying-sobbing, actually, and gulping for air."(McCormick 101) This Goes with the theme of the book because she had held her feelings in so much that she couldnt handle it anymore. She exploaded and when she did it was like a waterfall of emotions falling from her eyes. She couldnt handle someone she was close too or well new being hurt like the girl in group. Knowing how shes slowly growing to like and talk to the people in group it had hit her hard. She just couldnt bottole the feelings anylonger.
No comments:
Post a Comment